Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login
×




Details

Submitted on
August 8, 2012
Image Size
662 KB
Resolution
3971×2963
Submitted with
Sta.sh
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
29,502 (7 today)
Favourites
1,580 (who?)
Comments
682
×
Look Into My Eyes Vector by frankwyte81 Look Into My Eyes Vector by frankwyte81
Follow Me On: Facebook Youtube Twitter

Update: Youtube Video showing my layers one by one www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA1qvb…

Program: Illustrator CS6, 100% vector
Tools Used: Gradient mesh tool, pen tool, vector brush, blur tool
Time: Completed over a two week period, 100+ hours
No tormentors where used in the creation of this vector!!!
Outline: fav.me/d5af0tl

I finally got this one completed. For those who say my work look like photos, but the hair wasn't on par with the face. Well, I went a step further to try and make the hair look better. You wanted more realistic hair, well you got it. 95% of the hair in this vector was created by the gradient mesh. It was no easy task, but I got it done, but these vectors are wearing me out, lol. I love the challenges people, but I think this will be my last detailed gradient mesh.

The body has a slight blur on it. The background has no blurs, it was scattered colors using the mesh tool, it gave a nice blur effect. Enjoy.
Add a Comment:
 

Daily Deviation

Given 2012-08-18
Look Into My Eyes Vector by ~frankwyte81 "is just such great quality and so incredible it's hard to believe it's not a photograph," says the suggester, and I couldn't agree more. The time and patience that goes into a piece like this is phenomenal! Also suggested by ~Argandia ( Suggested by TinyButton and Featured by DomiSM )
:iconalexzel21:
alexzel21 Featured By Owner 4 days ago
Striking realism. I like blogging!
Reply
:iconscottydog332:
Scottydog332 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2014
When it comes to vector art there are none better than Frank, the level of detail he includes in his vector work is mind blowing, it's so good I think he's telling lies and these are really high end photographs Giggle I was so impressed with his work that I grabbed a hold of Illustrator thinking I would create a mastepiece myself, I struggled and struggled until my photo realistic piece was complete. I tried to tell myself it was good but honestly it was about as photo realistic as a Tom & Jerry cartoon, this only served to make me respect Franks skill and dedication even more and gave me real understanding of just how difficult it is to do what he does. If you think you can do it give it a shot but I reckon you have a better chance of walking to the moon than pulling off this kind of quality Nod :D (Big Grin) 
Reply
:iconalaxdas:
alaxdas Featured By Owner Oct 9, 2014  Professional Digital Artist
this is unbelievable ! how it can be a vector?!!:o (Eek) Clap 
Reply
:iconlueiah:
lueiah Featured By Owner Jul 22, 2014  Student Interface Designer
Hey I love your work, and your progression is just unbelievable. :) I just have a quick question. When you created this piece everything was in pieces and some didn't even follow the contour of the face. Ie. the left eye was just a rectangle. In previous works of yours you created the whole face in one mesh. I was wondering which technique would you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance

L
Reply
:iconmyhumpsoshampoo:
MyHumpsoShampoo Featured By Owner Jun 5, 2014
Looks greater than great! I'm just wondering; you say that 95% of the hair is done with gradient meshing, but what about the other 5%?
Reply
:iconfrankwyte81:
frankwyte81 Featured By Owner Jun 10, 2014  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The other 5% I used a vector brush for hair strands. I normally use mostly brushes on hair, but for this piece, not as many strands of hair were needed.
Reply
:iconkiara-cloud:
Kiara-Cloud Featured By Owner May 13, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
Hello there! Love 
Wonderful shot ~ Just wanted to let you know that you have been featured in my latest journal entry w00t! Heart 

fav.me/d7i8t3k
Reply
:iconfrankwyte81:
frankwyte81 Featured By Owner May 19, 2014  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thanks a lot. I checked it out. I'm happy to be apart of it.
Reply
:iconkiara-cloud:
Kiara-Cloud Featured By Owner May 19, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
No problemMeow :3 
Reply
:iconbasaloochoa:
basaloochoa Featured By Owner May 9, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
It's great! Great job. I like gradient mesh tool.:D (Big Grin) 
Reply
Add a Comment: